From a young age, I knew there was more than meets the eyes. Living life as just the embodied beings was not enough to me. For a long time, I tried to separate the “physical” and “spiritual” aspect of living. It did not work for me and so, I keep searching. That’s when I found “The 7 Spiritual Laws of Success” by Deepak Chopra. It was through reading that book that I started to realize it was possible to have both physical and spiritual intertwined. Actually, it was then that I recognized that they are inherently intertwined. “We are spiritual beings having a human experience”.
This book introduced me to concepts such as “field of possibilities” and “field of pure potentiality”, quantum fields, entanglement, manifestation, which – at that time – let me know: I am not crazy. All these dreams, desires, wishes within me are valuable. And instead of being sad for what I didn’t have, it began fueling me with enthusiasm for the things I could create!
Why I Loved It
It was the first somewhat practical book that connected more intangible concepts with practices I could follow through. It was the bridge between what I knew in my heart with the life i wished to create for myself. It was such a pivotal moment in my consciousness journey! I had never heard of fields of possibilities, potentiality, non-judgment, causation, infinite choices, quantum fields and so much more!
My Favorite Thing About It
For a newbie like me, what I loved the most about it was that it was SHORT, to the point, but so deep. After each section, the author talks about how to apply each law – which makes it super practical and pragmatic.
The 7 Laws
The book talks about the following laws. My personal recommendation is that you read them in this order:
1. Pure Potentiality: shifting from object-referral – in which we seek external validation – to self-referral. Our own spirit is the reference point. We apply this law through silence, meditation and non judgment. Then, we can access the field of all possibilities.
“When we experience the power of the Self, there is an absence of fear. There is no compulsion to control, and no struggle for approval or external power.”Deepak Chopra
3. Cause and Effect: everything is a result of choice. We are infinite choice-makers. Our job is to become consciously aware of the choices we make. This one is HUGE!
“In every moment of our existence, we are in that field of all possibilities where we have access to an infinity of choices. Some of these choices are made consciously, while others are made unconsciously. But the best way to understand and maximize the use of karmic law is to become consciously aware of the choices we make in every moment.”Deepak Chopra
4. Least Effort: “Grass doesn’t try to grow. It just grows!”. This is mostly about not resisting anything and freeing up the energy we use doing it. When you accept everything as it is, take responsibility and relinquish the need to defend your points of view, you are truly free.
6. Detachment: when you get that YOU are the source of everything, you stop wanting security and become detached. My favorite part of this is what he calls “wisdom of uncertainty” or “wisdom of insecurity”.
“Uncertainty means stepping into the unknown in every moment of our existence. The unknown is the field of all possibilities, ever fresh, ever new, always open to the creation of new manifestations”.Deepak Chopra
2. Giving: when you receive, you give. When you give, you receive. This is about creating abundance in your life by giving everywhere you go – whether it be a silent blessing or wish of joy. Give that which you wish for yourself. There is no lack!
“The flow of life is nothing other than the harmonious interaction of all the elements and forces that structure the field of existence. This harmonious interaction of elements and forces in your life operates as the Law of Giving”Deepak Chopra
5. Intention and Desire: everything is correlated and connected. In a deep level, all there is is energy and information. We can consciously change our quantum mechanical body and thus, change our world with intention and attention. Attention energizes, and intention transforms.
“Time is the movement of thought. Both past and future are born in the imagination; only the present, which is awareness, is real and eternal”Deepak Chopra
7. Purpose in Life: we are all unique. We have unique talents that, when we use to serve the world, we create affluence and abundance in our lives. Our job, then, is to know our true self and express it.
There is something that you can do better than anyone else in the whole world and for every unique talent and unique expression of that talent, there are also unique needs. When these needs are matched with the creative expression of your talent, that is the spark that creates affluence. Expressing your talents to fulfill needs creates unlimited wealth and abundance.Deepak Chopra
This book was the doorway to so many amazing books, classes, courses. I am forever grateful for this piece of art and consciousness.